This is my blog. Hello.

Monday 8 November 2010

Super 8 Outcome/Cornwall Film Festival

I received my super 8 film back, and was disappointed to find that the best reel came back blank, and the other one, which consisted mostly of useless footage, worked, but was very out of focus. This was a shame, but I won't let it go to waste. I want to use the blank film to scratch on, or bleach it to paint on. I went to a workshop at the Falmouth Art Gallery in which I tested this technique, painting on a piece of film strip that would have stretched the length of John O'Groats to Lands End. It was great to chat to an RCA graduate about the process and my ideas for my third year proposal.

I should also mention that my film, 'Resurfacing', which was screened at the Cornwall Film Festival in the student screening and in a competition for experimental films, came as a runner up in the competition, getting the award - "most suitable for art gallery appearance" - and that the owner of the Falmouth Art Gallery wants to show my film in an exhibition soon. I will be contacting him tomorrow to arrange when this will happen.

As for my film 'An Air Of...' I am progressing quite well. I have exported a draft of it, and will be filming the final shots in the next few days, hopefully finishing the film by the end of the week. I will post that up as soon as it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment